Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Do YOU Think About Cybercrime?

How protected are you from cybercrime? I know I was not protected at all. I have been a Norton Security user for the last 10 years. I thought I was protected. You can imagine how surprised I was to find Trojan viruses and several others on my personal computer. Some of the viruses I found on my computer were: Trojans, Sobig, Sasser and Kama Sutra.

Trojan spy program is designed to steal sensitive user data and to manage the victim's computer system remotely. It is an executable file. It has only 470 bytes - not a significant amount of space to occupy on your computer. The damage it can create is devastating. After your computer is hijacked, it becomes a tool in the criminal's hands and acts like a zombie.

I recently found out that cybercrime profits are higher then profits of illegal drug trafficking. According to president Obama, there were 8 billion dollars stolen from Americans only in the last 2 years. Last year the price of repairing hijacked consumer systems has risen to 11 billion dollars. Why does cybercrime continues to thrive today? Evgeny Kaspersky, a known cybercrime authority, says that we need better Internet Regulations. In his opinion, individuals need Internet Passports, businesses have to have accreditation.

Would it help if internet anonymity ceased? If every computer, every person and every company was identifiable a lot of problems could be solved. Online dating experience could be more rewarding if men and women were identifiable. There could be much more trust between people, if everybody could be identified.

On the other hand, being totally identified could trigger various dangers for single people, for example, for older people and for children.

If it was up to me, I would not mind to have an Internet Passport. I think that companies should be identifiable. Besides, I think if all companies were identifiable, the revenues of these companies would go up. If a consumer orders a product on internet, he/she should have all the information necessary to receive the product and to get the refund if it comes to that point.

If it was your choice, would you rather have an Internet Passport? Please, visit the website to answer the question.

Alla Goltsman is a computer consultant involved in software development, technical writing and operations of mid-frame companies that use IBM iSeries computers. She is a webmaster at compubasket.com. Visit her blog for money saving internet tips and further information about software for your computer, electronics, gadgets, home based business and answers to many computer questions. Alla also writes about blogging and blog monetization. Follow Alla on Twitter http://twitter.com/1galla

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alla_Goltsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank for the comment!